Tuesday, December 11, 2007

im getting used to the rain.

when its pouring and we're on the road jammed with cars , we goof around with my kahmera.




yesterday was spent snuggling indoors but dinner was at Sun with Moon with dan n a friend who is by far the sweetest, most ladylike person i've met.watching her eat her eudame peas made me feel like a klutz slurping down my miso soup and grovelling my chirashi don.

she is the epitome of feminine grace hehe and im so bowled over by her.

im abt to play touch rugby in 40 mins time back in sch for intersch games. and i have half a mind of not turning up. im allergic to grass and i dont wanna be touched by burly boys. i dont know what made me said yes. maybe it was the guilt from lack of exercise or something. am not excited by the thought of a swampy field with worms coming out.
god forbid, do not let me fall flat on my face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***edit*** 8pm :The Aftermath
The Disbelief
I havent met the other boys in the team and they turned out to be hi-bye friends in sch.
" Sarah!?Since when did u play touch?nvm, u acjc, u tell the boys u're very gd at rugby"
Looks of disbelief appeared on my ex-acjc sch mates too when they bumped into me
the best was:
" Sarah u're so fair now!!!! Are u sure u play touch?"

The Tourny
Our first match was with Sch of Communications, their cheer was " wee kim wee!"
how original.
to shout the name of former president/school founder's name before battle.They were fiercely competitive and by stroke of gd luck, we managed to draw with them.
Second match was up against Sch of Comp Engineering. To get into the next round, we had to win by the no. of goals.
I didnt play this round but I counted 10 goals.
The scorekeeper informed the ref that we scored 9 so i guess we didn't qualify since Sch Of Comms scored 10 goals vs Sch of Comp Engineering. I really wished we qualified though.
The "Glory" moment
I ran between 2 boys and while they were recovering from the shock of how I managed to slide between them without being touched, I thought I heard cheeering from the spectator stand .(maybe cos its so fantastic that a girl managed to break free and tried to score)
I ran for my life towards the try line.
As I was running, I had no blinking idea where the try-line was,so the moment I spotted a blue disc, I dumped the ball down and looked up.
Instantaneously,the whistle blew n the ref shouted" OUT!"
"WHAAAT?!?!!"
Apparently,I had scored WAY past the score line.To think I even ran past it, just to "be sure".
le sigh.
Players were suppose to score between the blue and yellow discs.
not after the blue disc.
hehehe
i can imagine mery saying " wha lao, that is so sarah la"
The team
Our team was made up of Yr 4 students and the babygirl of the group was a Yr 2 IVP player.
I seriously thought we had great chemistry for a team who never had the chance to practice with each other beforehand.

Okay,the last time i'm ever gonna play touch rugby. haha.
p.s: i still dont like mud.

: )

No comments: