being the brat i was
i emailed the president of the student union to help me on this appeal of mine
n he did try to help me by emailin the DEan of students my situation
im feeling much better now although the situation remains the same
his letter :
Dear Sir,
Do you think there could be anything that we could do to assist this student?
Just to summarise - It appears that this student was trying to source for her own IO company, but did not manage to complete her sourcing by the daealine given, and had accepted her posting to another company. DBS Vickers apparently offered her a post after the posting results occured, and CAO and EEE had rejected her appeal to pull out of her original company programme.
I do understand the concerns of CAO and EEE - it would not be nice for us to pull out students out of whichever company they have been allocated to, as it tarnishs the image of NTU, and might even reduce the opportunities that this company may be willing to offer for future batches of NTU students..
But, being a student representative, I would still like to carry on the appeal for this student. Should I contact CAO personally for this case?
the dean's response:
Kai Xiang
I fully understand the situation. I think you could appeal to CAO.
IO is inflexible because of the short training stint. Companies are not compelled to take students and NTU cannot force them to take our students. Strong arm tactics will only ruin future chances of attachment/employment. Why don’t you ask the student to come up with a possible solution that would save everyone from embarrassment and in the interest of efficiency in dealing with all students? Do we have a solution if more students were practising the same request? It is a difficult situation for everyone.
Kai Xiang's response to me:
Dear Sarah,
Much as I would like to assist in your case, I fear that you might have to come out with a solution for CAO and EEE before they can pull you out of your current commitments - Do take a look at Prof Lok Tat Seng's (Dean of Students) comments below. He's right in pointing out that this action could affect students of the following batches, which would not be fair to your juniors as this would rob them of a possible job posting with iCell as well.
Offhand, I would say it might be pretty difficult to push CAO or EEE to relent. Would it be possible if any of your friends would like to do an IO at iCell network as part of a holiday job? (If the pay isn't so bad, that might be a viable solution...)
and i also emailed my Mentor and she blindly forwarded the same appeal letter to the same prof
okay i think i may have stirred some shit here but i was desperate at that time.. n i guess i wanted to have some answers.
and you are so gonna thank me
http://tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/38
all seasons of grey's anatomy and only one click away









No comments:
Post a Comment